Yes, it's only one month away! If you haven't made plans, get to it! I've already sent out emails to everyone that I noted from my original article that expressed interest. So if you haven't seen an email from me, please let me know. There is some very important news and questions I have for you.
The dates have been set, Mon. Sept 3 thru Wed. Sept. 6 2012. Of course if you care to come just a day, or stay the whole week I'm sure that's fine.
I've secured a meeting room for us to use if it's too hot outside or raining to gather, but mostly you'll find us (Mrs D, her sister and I) out on the patio close to the pool. There will be swimming involved, so bring your suit. The photographers of the group may take a hike, or drive to somewhere scenic to take some pictures too!
I've checked the long range weather forecast and this is what I've found: Average Highs around 87° and lows around 67° (Looking at this summer trends, the temp is approx 5° higher than averages)
So my best guess is it’ll be in the low 90’s for the high and the low 70’s for the low.
Mrs D, and I have been doing the coordination of this meet and we want to make sure you all know, we don't have any set plans on activities but if anyone is interested Kavika was kind enough to make a list of some places you might like to see. I didn't look up links for these but if you find something that interests you, then you can Google it.
Here's the list in Kavika's words:
1. Dogwood Canyon....This is a beautiful place I've been there a couple of times. You can take a tram ride, bicycle, walk, picnic, sit under a tree by the creek or go fishing.
2. Branson Belle, This is a huge paddlewheeler, 3 stories high on Table Rock Lake. They have a dinner show while they tool around the lake. It lasts around 2 hours....I think that they have 3 tours a day.
3. Silver Dollar City. Great place to walk around, lot's of shows but too expensive for what you get IMO.
4. Talking Rocks Cavern. If you like caves this is a good one.
5. Mill Creek Park. Just down the hill from our house and about 3 to 4 miles from the Marina your staying at. A very beautiful RV park, with day use. A big swim beach, lot's of trees for shade and just a great place to relax.
6. For Wino's...The Stone Hill Winery in Branson which is about 20 miles away.
7. Branson Landing in Branson...On Lake Taneycomo. An open shopping area on the river walk. Restaurants, and various types of stores. Of course there are all the shows in Branson and a very nice Military Museum there as well.
Thanks Kavika for putting this wonderful list together for us!
Ok, Again I re-iterate that we don't have anything organized! It's going to be an entertain yourself or hang out with us around the pool or in the meeting room. We want to enjoy our vacation, and not have to do anything. *grins*
So, I suggest if you think you want to come to the Branson Vinemeet that you make some plans soon! We would love to see you there!