I planned on cooking some chicken soup so yesterday I pulled the frozen chicken out of the freezer and set in the refrigerator to thaw. Not looking at it much I also prepped some celery and onions to add. Well the jokes on me! I actually thawed out some Stew Pork. Well, you know they both are light in color....I don't even remember buying this pork!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 rib celery sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 package (16-ounce) frozen mixed stew vegetables
- 1 jar (4-oz size) sliced mushrooms drained well
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork, onion, celery, basil, rosemary and oregano; cook until pork is browned. Place pork mixture in slow cooker. Whisk flour with chicken broth; pour into slow cooker/Crock Pot. Stir in frozen vegetables and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours. About 15 minutes before serving, stir lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice.